The procedure for review
of manuscripts of scientific articles submitted for publication to the journal "Atherosclerosis and Dyslipidemia"
All scientific articles received by the editors of the journal "Atherosclerosis and Dyslipidemia" on electronic and paper form corresponding to the themes of the journal are subject to reviewing.
The Head of Editorial staff and/or the Executive Secretary of the compliance check of registration requirements provided by journal article.
We consider only previously unpublished manuscripts.
The Head Editor determines that the profile of the journal article and send it to peer review at least 2 relevant professionals - doctors (candidates) of Medical Sciences. The reviewer may be a member of the Editorial Board or engaged specialist, competent in the subject of reviewing article and who has publications covering the subject of reviewing article during last three years.
It’s necessary to point the compliance of an article to its title, characterize its relevance and scientific level, strengths and weaknesses and evaluate the expediency for publication in review
The review is given to the author or to The Higher Attestation Commission upon its request without the reviewer’s sign, last name, position and place of work
If the reviewer recommends correcting or improving something in the article, the Head of Editorial sends the review text to the author in order to make appropriate changes in his article.
In case the article was rejected, the Editorial sends reasonable refusal to the author. It’s possible to make an additional review by another reviewer.
The final decision about publication and its time limits is made by the Editorial Board by open voting. It’s possible to publish articles in some cases when it has positive reviews, by joint decision of the Head of Editorial Board and the Head Editor.
Following the decision to publish an article, the Head of Editorial informs an author indicating time limits of the article’s edition.
Manuscripts of reviews are storage in the editorial and publishing within 5 years.
Responsibilities of the reviewer
- Reviewer contributes to the decision-making process about the appropriateness of publishing the article and to assist in improving the quality of the article.
- The reviewer should be objectively and timely.
- The reviewer is necessary to respect the confidentiality of any information provided by the editor or author. The reviewer should not leave a copy of the article.
- Reviewer must notify the editor of the material published earlier in this or any other publication, if any.
- Reviewer is obliged to inform the editor and, if necessary, pass the article to another reviewer, in the case of a potential conflict of interest (financial, organizational or other relationship between the reviewer and the author).
- In its work, the reviewer is guided by the "Singapore Statement on Research Integrity" (2010).
Seizure of articles
Withdrawal of already published article is an extreme measure and is used in case of opening of the facts that were not known during the review:
- identifying violations of the law, and dissemination of untrue defamatory statements
- detection of false or incorrect data, especially those whose use may pose a risk to health
The mechanism of withdrawal of article
- To initiate the withdrawal of the article may authors, readers, reviewers, editors and publishers, by written request to the journal in which the article was published
- The Commission on conflict resolution corresponding journal examines applications
- The decision to withdraw published article receives commission on conflict resolution corresponding log if there is sufficient evidence in favor of withdrawal
- The Commission shall notify the initiator of the resolution of conflicts seizures article on the results of consideration of the application in writing indicating the reasons for withdrawal.
Borrowing and plagiarism
The Editorial Board in considering article may proceed to verify the material with the help of Anti-plagiarism. In case of multiple borrowing revision acts in accordance with the rules of the International Committee of Publication Ethics (Committee on Publication Ethics - COPE).